CDM Support Services for Architects, Interior Designers and Engineers
The introduction of the latest CDM Regulations coincided with an upturn in the UK economy with the majority of design professionals confessing to a full order book. The take-up of the new role of Principal Designer was therefore somewhat tepid as designers who had successfully weathered the recession were busy burning the midnight oil doing what they do best.
After many years training for a degree Architects want to design as opposed to taking on a health and safety role for which they have little if any knowledge. As a consequence many designers are now employing external construction safety specialists to work with them on their projects.
Designers are now treating the appointment of a dedicated construction safety advisor as they would any other specialist role that they need to bring in. The Safety Consultant now sits with the Structural Engineer, the Services Consultant, the Landscape Architects and other professionals that are needed by a Principal Designer to complete a project successfully.
At Eurosafe UK we have a list of services that we offer to the Principal Designer on a construction project. This schedule of services allows Principal Designers to ask for assistance in areas where they do not have the right knowledge, or where they lack time and resources. It is important to note that our services are formulated for us to work with the Principal Designer and in doing so help discharge the legal duties placed upon them under CDM 2015.
The following list of our services has been formulated to assist Principal Designers to discharge their duties under Part 3 of the CDM Regulations 2015.
Please contact Andy Newsham on 07850 702194 or 01904 691515 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss our services with you.
- CDM Consultant including advice on health and safety regulations and in particular the role of Principal Designer
- Identification of all required surveys and the professional assessment of asbestos surveys etc. including advice as required
- Health and safety visit to the site in order to produce accurate information for the Pre- Construction Information Pack (PCI)
- Production of the PCI for issue to contractors
- Assistance with formatting the Health and Safety File
- Pre-tender review of all designs from the professional team
- Attendance at design team and/or pre-start meetings
- Attendance at site meetings
- Production of Health and Safety File
Note: we can also assist the client with their duties under CDM 2015 if required.